Friday, January 9, 2009

Complacency

I must admit that the new year is walloping my ass.

I returned to work after a week's sojourn between Christmas and New Years' to my job that I truly love and that has kept me fascinated for the last five years. I guess I've felt too comfortable lately, because this week I've had to deal with some nerve wrecking things and it's thrown my sense of complacency out the window. I think it's good that most people don't have to deal with situations where kids might be harmed. I wish that I could write about it here, but no such luxury. The people that I work with help, but a lot of the time they are facing the same nightmares. I'm not exactly sure how I deal with it, other than taking the green pills that bring my blood pressure down to where it should be. That, and hug my own little people a bit longer, while they still let me.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Take heart, sister. You can't right all of the wrongs in the world, but you do your part.

Olga said...

I love that you read Cheap Healthy Good. I've been following it for nigh on two years and I LOVE it. That's where I learned how to make roasted brussell sprouts!

Kathy said...

got to it from your blog!