Thursday, December 25, 2008

So this is Christmas

Someone woke at 4 a.m. this morning to see if Santa was here. It was Ms. L, who is on the cusp of not believing any more. I think that she was reassured by the visible dents made in the banana bread and egg nog left for Santa. Oh yes, she also wrote a note to him, asking whether banana bread was OK, rather than cookies. Santa did write back. Thank goodness the handwriting was not recognized.

We have had a very enjoyable Christmas morning, I must tell you. The kids waited, albeit, impatiently, for the coffee pot to brew before the gifts were started. Santa brought just the right amount of things. Last year, he went WAAY overboard in the kids gift department. We had to have a little chat about that.

I got a tripod! And yesterday came a gift card to my favourite camera store...not to mention a flickr 'pro' account. My family knows how nutty I am about this photography hobby of mine.

So, all in all, when I inhale the turkey aroma that is making its way downstairs, I am reminded of how nice it is to have your family at your side and how special it is to share Christmas with the ones you love.

5 comments:

Olga said...

I have to second that emotion--good Christmas this year. I'm glad you liked your presents, and I'm glad the myth of Santa was preserved for another year at the very least. Here's hoping she doesn't spoil it for Boo Boo when she does find out...

And nice header image. Silly question, but did you take that photo? It reminds me of my own garland at home on the mantel. You'd like it. I bought ornaments and nestled them into the branches with Alex's help. I tell you, that girl is a home decor genius...

Kathy said...

Yep, this is from my trek out to Paletta mansion shortly before Christmas. There were lots of garlands there. they all had balls and things attached. They looked pretty.

Olga said...

Where is Paletta mansion? Sounds fancy!

Kathy said...

Paletta Mansion is on Lakeshore, I think around Walker's Line. It's open to the public and you can have an event there too. There is a bathroom done up in green! And a 'bridal suite' where you can hang out before you get married. It was nice to tour before the holidays - all decorated and such.

Olga said...

That's pretty cool. When did you go and do that?